The first-ever SOS-UK Sustainability Bootcamp is designed especially for elected officers to kick-off the new academic year prepared with the knowledge, skills, and network to hit the ground running. This two-day training is designed for new and returning part-time sustainability or environment and ethics officers as well as full-time officers with a remit or interest in sustainability.
Elected full- and part-time officers will:
- Connect with other elected officers from across the UK, building their network and support system for the year ahead;
- Develop campaigning and project management skills;
- Deepen their understanding of sustainability and social justice, including understanding the social, environmental, and economic dimensions of sustainability;
- Discuss practical actions that officers can take at their own institutions, including declaring a climate emergency (& how to ensure action!), campaigning for divestment and ethical reinvestment, working on a Green New Deal for colleges and universities, or supporting the Teach the Future campaign;
- Understanding the basics of behaviour change theory and education for sustainable development, so that these concepts can underpin future projects and campaigns;
- And prepare for the year ahead.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training is designed for any elected officer with a sustainability remit or interest
WHAT SOS-UK PROGRAMMES DOES THE TRAINING SUPPORT?
This training supports the delivery of SOS-UK's Responsible Futures and Green Impact Students' Unions programmes.
WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS FOR DELIVERY?
This training is available as:
- a centrally-run training event available to attendees from any institution/students' union
The training lasts for 2 full days.
This centrally-run training will be delivered on:
Costs for the delivery options are as follows...
- Central training event: £125 per attendee, plus VAT and Eventbrite fees
Register by visiting the Eventbrite link