Find out more about the programmes here: www.forgood.nus.org.uk
For Good is an online platform facilitating partnership working between students, academics, and community organisations. Students, academic staff/supervisors, and organisations can register to create profiles and opportunities, detailing their areas of expertise, interests, or proposed research and applied project topics. Previous research projects have ranged from public perception of time-of-use metering tariffs, to perceptions of young fathers taking part in a teaching programme, to evaluating and promoting the Fairtrade Universities movement, and beyond.
All students can register for free on the For Good platform.
Membership is available to universities and colleges which provides:
• Active suggestions of partnerships for your students with profiles;
• Active recruitment of organisations with relevant research/project interests to partner with your students who create profiles;
• Onsite induction meeting or publicity event from NUS;
• Promotional materials to publicise the opportunity to students;
• Ad hoc remote support;
• Guidance and template documents to aid the process of forming a partnership;
• Feedback meeting after project submission (student attendance is optional but encouraged);
• Increased availability and communication of opportunities such as the British Conference for Undergraduate Research (BCUR) or the new Green Gown Award for Student Research with Impact;
• The ability for academic and non-academic departments of the institution to register research/project ideas for your students through Living Labs.
Not included in membership:
• Travel costs associated with the planning and review meetings (Skype or teleconferences are recommended);
• Travel and miscellaneous costs for the student if there are any face-to-face meetings at the organisation (these should be paid for by the organisation or student’s department);
• Costs associated with presenting at conferences, publishing or otherwise publicising work, unless led by NUS.
Note: If you register for a year’s membership and no partnerships are formed, your membership will be rolled over to the following year free-of-charge.
For Good membership (for both Dissertations and Projects for Good) for 2019/20 is £580 (+VAT) per institution. Faculty-level memberships are also available, please contact us to discuss.
For more information on any element of For Good opportunities, or if you know of an off-campus organisation who would like membership, please contact Meg Baker, Senior Project Officer – Education for Sustainable Development on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07447 239804.